Turning 51 was a big wake-up call for Roy.
He was overweight, unfit and his health was suffering. Doctors warned him that his cholesterol levels were worryingly high, too.
Roy knew he needed to make a big change to turn things around, and that when it came to his health, it was now or never.
When a friend recommended Ultimate Performance, Roy knew putting his health in the hands of experts was his quickest route back to health.
What Roy has achieved in 18 short weeks with U.P. is nothing short of incredible.
He has lost 25kg, dropped 30cm from his waistline and he is the fittest he has been in years.
His friends and family can’t believe it either. They say he’s half the man he was – and standing next to a cardboard cut-out of his old self, you can see why.
“It has been absolutely fantastic. I think this was the best part of my life.
“People tell me I look 10 years younger. I’ve taken 10 years off my life and gone backwards.
“I can fit into all my old clothes.”
Turning back the clock 10 years wasn’t even something Roy thought possible.
He simply wanted to lose weight and a few inches from his waist.
“I turned 51 this year and I said ‘I’m not in good shape.’ I could feel that in the last two years.
“I said ‘I need to do something – one, to feel good; two, to remain healthy and improve my confidence.’
“I wanted a transformation and an experience that would not only change how I look, but challenge myself to get to the next level. I knew I could not have done it myself, I needed a true professional person and company that stood out from the pack.”
That’s exactly what Roy got when he started his transformation journey at U.P.
Roy with his life-size cutout of himself before his transformation, highlighting the incredible change.
When he first began, Roy honestly didn’t believe he could do it.
He saw the results on the wall and was sceptical he could get there.
But his trainer, Owen, helped instil the belief in him that it was possible and laid out a bespoke training and nutrition plan for him to get there.
All that was left for Roy to do was just to execute the plan and give it 100% every time he was in the gym.
“Although I was not sure of the results, my trainer’s training methods, dedication, disciplined diet control, frequent reviews and honest and sincere discussions made me believe that I could do it.
“Owen pushed me to train hard and, more importantly, guided me through a diet program that helped me achieve amazing results and it exceeded all my expectations.”
Roy still can’t believe the results he achieved in 18 weeks.
“My weight was down 25kg and my waist was down by 11 inches. I exceeded all the targets set, and I am confident in life.”
But it’s perhaps the impact that getting in shape has had on life outside the gym.
It’s simple things that have made a big difference.
Having the strength and flexibility to tie his shoes or put a golf ball on a tee without having to kneel, and being able to easily shift heavy boxes in a recent house move.
“I’m much more flexible. My stomach has gone and I look much better.
“I’m able to play golf better – the swing is much better.
“I can move and breath easily. I get good sleep and my energy levels have gone up.”
Roy is in much better health too – and his blood work has proved it.
“One big difference I’ve made in my life is my blood results.
“I always had high cholesterol. It was in the range of 225-240.
“But recently when I went for a check-up, the blood cholesterol has come down to 190, so I’m in the normal range.
Roy with his trainer, feeling like a new man.
“My blood sugar levels have come down too. I’m very pleased with it.”
Roy says working with U.P. has been absolutely life-changing.
If ‘life begins at 50’, as the saying goes, Roy is back in his prime.
Roy has completely turned his life around in a matter of weeks, converting from a sceptic to a true believer in U.P. – Fill in the form to find out more information or to get started.
- We show you the best, we don't show you the worst.
- We show you people who follow the plans, not those who are all talk.
- We show you those who inspire even us with their commitment to their results.
- You cannot get results exactly like these. You are unique and that means you can only get your own best possible results.
- Your results are a function of time spent following the plan; your genetic response to the right exercise and diet program; how hard you train; how consistently you come to the gym; how disciplined you are with your diet; & your starting point.
- Oftentimes the lower your starting point (poor fitness, terrible body composition) the better your results.
- We cannot do the work for you and the results you see here are a testament to the work ethic of our clients.
- Our reputation is that we are the best trainers in the world for helping you to unlock your potential, & we can lead you to the door, give you the key, even turn the handle and push the door open, but we cannot walk through it for you. In the end the result is down to you.