High-flying airline pilot Jon transforms his lifestyle and proves that it is possible wherever you are in the world.
Before coming to Ultimate Performance Dubai, Jon felt like he had become stuck in a rut with his lifestyle. Jon used his unpredictable hours working as a long-haul pilot as an excuse for eating whatever he wanted, as he was always working away and on the go. Combine this with a young family and Jon’s life was hectic and unorganised.
“I was drinking far too much, eating the wrong sort of food and having no discipline in my diet and it was starting to show at my age.”
The big wake-up call for Jon was when his doctor told him his cholesterol levels were too high and that he would need medication if he didn’t do anything about it.
After just 22 weeks of intense training at U.P., Jon has lost 16kg in weight and completely transformed not only his physique but his lifestyle too.
Jet-lagged or an unhealthy lifestyle?
Jon’s lifestyle made him feel very lethargic all the time. He had put it down to jet lag, but after just a few weeks of training with U.P., he realised it wasn’t jet lag at all. Instead, it was his old lifestyle of an unhealthy diet and doing no exercise.
Jon, before and after he made his health and lifestyle a priority
Jon has been able to implement these lifestyle changes despite his busy life and working away most of the time. After years of staying in the same hotel, Jon was on a first name basis with most of the bar staff but had no idea where the hotel gym was. He’s now broken the habit of a lifetime and swapped the hotel bar for the hotel barbells!
As for his diet, Jon has ditched the convenience food and has learnt the importance of eating the right nutritious foods. Jon’s hectic lifestyle lacked routine, but his diet plan made it easy for him.
“It was good to have a diet plan, with other gyms, the diet is off your own back. When I was told what to eat and how much to eat, I could do that easily and could fit it into my lifestyle quite well. I started noticing the benefits of that within a few days.”
Despite finding his diet plan easy, Jon was worried that working abroad and flying around the globe would make it impossible for him to stay on track with his nutrition. While it was more of a challenge than finding the hotel gym, he found that the U.P. way of eating is possible anywhere in the world.
Feeling alive again
Almost immediately after changing his diet, Jon had more energy. He was seeing his weight decrease on the scales and feeling less bloated. All of a sudden he could play with his daughter for longer, he wasn’t as lethargic and slept better.
“It’s made me feel alive again which I hadn’t felt since my 20s; you don’t realise how much of a rut you get into; sleeping, eating and drinking. When you change all that and start working out and eating a proper diet, it opens up all these new avenues.”
Even with his busy lifestyle, Jon puts his success down to discipline, organisation, a supportive family and the plan itself.
“Willpower comes into it but if you stick to the plan, stick to the diet and do as advised by your trainer then the results will take care of themselves.”
Are the results possible?
Originally skeptical of the results he saw on the U.P. website, Jon is now converted.
“I thought maybe it is possible, but maybe it’s a select few who actually manage to train full time, but I am proof that they are possible. If I can do it, then anyone can do it.”
Now Jon would recommend U.P. to anyone. He has transformed his body and learnt enough about training and nutrition to maintain his healthy lifestyle and new physique.
The first step is often the hardest, but it can make all the difference – Arrange a consult at U.P. now. Simply fill in the enquiry form below.
- We show you the best, we don't show you the worst.
- We show you people who follow the plans, not those who are all talk.
- We show you those who inspire even us with their commitment to their results.
- You cannot get results exactly like these. You are unique and that means you can only get your own best possible results.
- Your results are a function of time spent following the plan; your genetic response to the right exercise and diet program; how hard you train; how consistently you come to the gym; how disciplined you are with your diet; & your starting point.
- Oftentimes the lower your starting point (poor fitness, terrible body composition) the better your results.
- We cannot do the work for you and the results you see here are a testament to the work ethic of our clients.
- Our reputation is that we are the best trainers in the world for helping you to unlock your potential, & we can lead you to the door, give you the key, even turn the handle and push the door open, but we cannot walk through it for you. In the end the result is down to you.