From being overweight and unfit to completing her first triathlon, Joanne achieved fitness goals she never imagined during her 26-week transformation at Ultimate Performance Dubai!
Now 15kg lighter she is back in control of her body, her diet and her life.
A busy social life, a lifetime of poor eating habits and drinking six days a week had left her body unfit and bloated.
But her biggest problem was not physical; she lacked the mental strength to break out of this endless cycle.
Her own lack of motivation was the biggest obstacle stopping her from living a better life, but when Joanne first saw U.P.’s famous before and after photos, she felt this could actually work.
“Before joining U.P., my biggest concern was that I wasn’t fit enough or mentally strong enough to see it through. My self-esteem was quite low, so to complete anything that required me to be out of my comfort zone was a challenge in itself.
“The consultation at U.P. gave me the push I needed; I left the gym thinking ‘if this doesn’t work, nothing will!’”
This do-or-die attitude compelled her to take the plunge and start her transformation journey.
Joanne (34) always knew that she needed support to get results and with U.P. she got that in spades from her dedicated trainer.
“The main benefit for me was having someone there every step of the way to support and keep me on track, especially at the beginning when the habit of training and nutrition hadn’t formed.
“Knowing that I was responsible, that my trainer was watching and helping, there can be no excuses. I needed that to be able to complete my transformation.
“I believe 100% that I wouldn’t have got the results I have, in the time I did, without the constant support.”
Joanne knew while signing up that a U.P. transformation is not just about exercise – it’s a holistic programme that changes your lifestyle forever. Once you start seeing results, it’s hard to go back to your old life.
“Before U.P., my social life was busy. I found it hard to say ‘no’, it had also become a habit for me. I used to eat whatever I fancied; there were days when I was eating well over 2,000 calories a day!
“I remember saying to my trainer in the last couple of weeks, ‘there is no way I could ever go back to how I used to be.’
“My journey at U.P. has changed how I see myself and how I want my lifestyle to be going forward.”
Joanne really started noticing big changes from her diet and training plan after four weeks.
“The first month was the hardest. The weight wasn’t going down as quickly as I expected and my trainer kept saying consistency and patience were key and he was right.
“Not only has my body changed physically, but mentally I’m stronger and more focused. I have more confidence in myself and what I can achieve.
“I pushed myself further during the process than I ever thought possible. My fitness is the best it’s ever been.”
“I completed my first triathlon during my transformation which was a huge milestone for me as I would have never signed up, let alone complete it!
“I used to watch from the sidelines every year as my husband and friends completed it and this year it was my turn. I’m looking forward to seeing what more I can achieve going forward.”
Fitness is a bug that bites and doesn’t let go! Joanne discovered the addictive and life-changing powers of fitness at U.P. and doesn’t plan to stop anytime soon.
“I was never a morning person, but now at 5:30 a.m., I am up and ready to train. It’s the first thing I think of when I wake up.
“I am so looking forward to coming back in a few months to smash out the next stage and get even stronger!”
“It’s tough, intense and you need to give it everything you have, but it’s worth every single second.
“The team at U.P. Dubai are amazing; from the moment you walk in, you feel comfortable and supported every step of the way. It really did become my second home.”
“My only regret was not finding U.P. sooner.”
Joanne’s relationship with her body has never been better, and she now has the knowledge to keep her incredible results for life – Fill in the enquiry form below for more about how U.P. can help you achieve your fitness goals.
- We show you the best, we don't show you the worst.
- We show you people who follow the plans, not those who are all talk.
- We show you those who inspire even us with their commitment to their results.
- You cannot get results exactly like these. You are unique and that means you can only get your own best possible results.
- Your results are a function of time spent following the plan; your genetic response to the right exercise and diet program; how hard you train; how consistently you come to the gym; how disciplined you are with your diet; & your starting point.
- Oftentimes the lower your starting point (poor fitness, terrible body composition) the better your results.
- We cannot do the work for you and the results you see here are a testament to the work ethic of our clients.
- Our reputation is that we are the best trainers in the world for helping you to unlock your potential, & we can lead you to the door, give you the key, even turn the handle and push the door open, but we cannot walk through it for you. In the end the result is down to you.